The primary purpose of SEO is to rank your website higher in the search engine results. SEO requires proper strategy and planning. One of the most asked questions is, how to do keyword research? Below mentioned is a four step strategy that can help you in SEO and will let you know how to do keyword research.
Target Market based Analysis:
- Website Analysis: Website analysis includes the analysis of keyword, meta tags, content and code to understand how good your for search engine ranking.
- Competitive Analysis: Competitive websites can give you a good idea of what you need to do. Have a look at the keywords and contents present on your competitor’s website. Make use of different tools as well.
- Initial Keyword Nomination: It includes the creation of a priority list of search terms. You need to think of it in such a way that what should be typed in search engine so that your website is ranked top.
Keyword Research and Development:
- Keyword Analysis: The first step in how to do keyword research is identifying some targeted keywords. Competitors list can give you the best idea of it. Make use of list you made in first step to analyze the number of current websites and to analyze how many websites are currently competing for a single keyword. You can do some smart work here. If there are some common misspelled words, you can use it instead of the correct spelling to gain more ranking.
- Baseline Ranking Assessment: You need to know your current position so that you are able to understand how you have progressed. You can keep track of things on a single excel sheet. You can check on weekly basis.
- Goals and Objectives: Goals and Objectives should be defines in beginning so that you can easily measure your success. Don’t miss this step no matter what.
Content Optimization and Submission
- Create Page Titles: Page Titles that include the keywords create a nice direction for your keywords.
- Create Meta Tags: Meta Tags are best description of content on your website. Although they aren’t used for ranking, yet they are useful.
- Place Strategic Search Phrases on Pages: Make use of some of the selected keywords in source code of your website. Make sure that keyword is used once to thrice each page. The keywords included shouldn’t give a fake feelings. They should be used only if they fit properly. Natural approach works best in this regard. Tests have shown that longer content is better.
- Develop new sitemaps for Google and Bing: The easier for search engines to index your website, better your ranking will be. Both XML and HTML versions should be used.
- Submit website to directories: The professionals don’t do this but still it is possible. Safer way is to get links naturally. You can still submit these to directories. Some also include Google AdSense script to their websites. Such things may help you getting your pages indexed in lesser time.
Continuous Testing and Measuring
- Test and Measure: Keep on analyzing your website to ensure good performance. You must also test the result of different changes you make to know how they have worked for you and how to do keyword research for future purposes.
- Maintenance: Keep on modifying the keywords and content as and when needed.
Follow the above mentioned strategy. It will help you a lot in search engine optimization. Things are very much easy. Just know how to do keyword research and work is lot easier.